PT Pengembangan Pariwisata Indonesia (Persero), commonly referred to as the Indonesia Tourism Development Corporation (ITDC), is a state-owned enterprise that specializes in the development and management of integrated tourism complexes.
For more than 45 years ITDC has presided over its flagship, The Nusa Dua, a world- renowned tourism complex in south Bali, which over the years has remained the holiday island’s most coveted destination for its many upmarket hospitality brands. The Nusa Dua began in 1974 when ITDC took over what was unproductive coastal land with the pursuit of creating a luxury tourism enclave, one that would go on to attract an upper-end demographic of international travellers and large scale conventions and exhibitions, such as the IMF-World Bank Annual Meetings 2018, held at the prestigious Bali Nusa Dua Convention Center (BNDCC).
The development of The Nusa Dua, is the World Bank’s first tourism project for Indonesia, acted as the catalyst for Bali tourism while providing the Balinese and the Indonesian people across this legendary archipelago with a benchmark for future destinations. Those new destinations are now well underway thanks to ITDC.
Today, ITDC has been further entrusted with the development of The Mandalika along the southern coastline of Bali’s neighboring island of Lombok. With its decades of expertise as a respected tourism developer, ITDC is the country’s ideal organization for the enormous project, what has been lauded as Indonesia's next integrated destination of note, equipped with international standard facilities and attractions set in a distinct culture and peerless natural surroundings. The Mandalika is an example of the Indonesian government’s commitment to today’s tourism industry with an aim of becoming the nation's top foreign exchange earner. In lockstep with the government, ITDC is a well-suited partner with nearly five decades of direct experience, to create planned tourism destinations throughout the country.
ITDC 100% shares are fully owned by the Republic of Indonesia represented by the Government of the Republic of Indonesia/Ministry of State-Owned Enterprises (BUMN), in which the Republic of Indonesia becomes the final parent entity.
In accordance with the deed of establishment of the Company, in order to achieve these aims and objectives, the Company may carry out the following business activities:
- Planning the allocation and use of land and using the land for the purposes of tourism areas and arranging and further dividing it into certain environmental units and developing infrastructure services and other tourism facilities.
- Handing over and leasing parts of land to third parties to build tourism facilities along with all their supporting facilities according to the requirements determined by the Company as the right holder, which includes aspects of designation, use, period and finance, provided that the granting of land rights to third parties is carried out by the competent authority, in accordance with the provisions applied in the articles of association.
- Build, buy, sell and manage properties including hotels, apartments, condominiums, villas, and agro-tourism as well as other supporting facilities.
- Consulting services in the field of tourism development, property management including hotels, maintenance, care and provision of other supporting facilities.
- Plan, build and develop infrastructure services and other public facilities including waste management, travel agencies, restaurants, catering, entertainment and sports facilities as well as room rental in tourist areas.
- Construct buildings deemed necessary for the purposes of business and administration of tourism areas.
- Conducting business activities in the context of optimizing the utilization of owned resources for business offices, shopping centers, convention centers and advertising.
Company Profile ITDC: Download here